The CMS’s specific guidance on reopening facilities to provide nonemergent and non-COVID-19 health care is in effect. Under this framework, state-by-state decisions will guide when and how doctors and practices can resume delivery of complete, comprehensive care.
Each individual VA facility, along with their Network Directors’ leadership, is currently developing a response to resume care . Please work with local leadership to communicate your clinic’s needs.
The following VA Guidance for COVID-19 Related Care can be found on the Optometry Service News Page:
- Updated COVID FAQs for Education (01/04/21)
- Moving Forward update: Guidance for Resumption of Procedures for Non-Urgent and Elective Indications & PPE in Ambulatory Care Settings (09/23/20)
- Moving Forward Guidebook (06/10/20)
- Guidance on COVID-19 testing for veterans and employees (05/15/20)
- Post-COVID Optometry Triage and Risk Priority Level Scheduling (05/14/20)
- VA Three-Phase Plan for Post-COVID-19 Operations (04/28/20)
- Guidance for VA outpatient care (04/01/20)
Please refer to the following sites for additional COVID-19 information:
- AOA website and the AOA Reactivation Guide
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology has updated important about the patient care, recommended protocols and exposure risks.
- Read the CDC guidance for Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for patients