Memorandum “COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation Process for New Health Care Personnel”.
- The purpose of this memorandum is to outline the process by which documentation of COVID-19 vaccination status or reasonable accommodation requests for new Health Care Personnel (HCP) employees are uploaded into the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Light Electronic Action Framework (LEAF) Vaccination Portal.
- After selection, covered applicants must provide proof of vaccination to USA Staffing or notify VA Human Resources of a request for reasonable accommodation. To comply with the departmental mandate, this information must also be entered in the VA LEAF Vaccination Portal. Routing this information internally will result in less administrative burden on the new hire, reduce duplicative efforts, and expedite compliance with reporting requirements.
- This process provides supplemental guidance for Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO)Bulletin, SUBJECT: Applying Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination Requirements for New Hires –Executive Order 14043 – AMENDED, by having the hiring official/supervisor populate new hire data in LEAF. This process applies to all new HCP hires.
- Human Resources and supervisory staff process responsibilities are outlined below:
- This process applies to all HCPs hired December 19, 2021 and forward.
- Human Resources staff may contact Randy Spahos at Spahos@va.gov with questions about this memorandum.